[whatwg] Web Storage: apparent contradiction in spec

From: Jens Alfke <snej@google.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:23:34 -0700

On Aug 27, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Dirk Pranke wrote:

> Would you hold a different opinion for different types of HTML5-based
> applications (like the TiddlyWiki app that gets copied locally)? Or
> would you require that all apps go through an install process that
> acquires quota, permissions, etc.?

Locally-stored apps are a different story. But I don't necessarily see
TiddlyWiki (or similar apps) as working that way. It currently has to
be saved to a local HTML file because its only mechanism for saving
content is to self-modify its source. With HTML5 persistent storage,
there's no reason it couldn't live on a server like tiddlywiki.com.
With app-caching support too, it would work offline just as well as
the current version does.

?Jens