[whatwg] Web Storage: apparent contradiction in spec

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 1:55 AM, Michael Nordman<michaeln at google.com> wrote:
> Ok... I overstated things ;)
> What seems inevitable are vista-like prompts to allow something (or prods to
> delete something) seemingly unrelated to a user's interaction with a site...
> please, oh please, lets avoid making that part of the web platform.

As far as I know, cookies work the same way as the proposed local
storage policy: once a cookie is created, the browser won't delete it
when space becomes a problem. The site controls the expiration date of
the cookie, and it can fill up the entire drive with cookies if it
wants to do so. This is all without user interaction. I don't think
this has ever been a problem.

--
Remco