[whatwg] Storage mutex and cookies can lead to browser deadlock

On Aug 26, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Drew Wilson wrote:

> My recollection is that we prohibit worker access to cookies for
> exactly this reason (WorkerGlobalScope does not expose a "cookies"
> attribute).

Looks like you're right; section 5 of the Web Workers spec says:
> The DOM APIs (Node objects, Document objects, etc) are not available
> to workers in this version of this specification.

and there's no defined way to access cookies except through Document.
Crisis averted.

(If the spec does get modified to allow local-storage access from
worker threads, though, this same problem will arise, since they use
the same lock.)

?Jens