[whatwg] Adding alpha channel to <input type=color>

Victor Vasiliev wrote:
> I suggest to add a boolean attribute "alpha" to <input type=color>
> (disabled by default). If this attribute is present, the color well
> allows to set opacity value, and instead of sRGB, sends RGBA.
>
> Another question is which format should be used to submit RGBA color. We
> have rgba(number, number, number, float) used in canvas, but I feel like
> it's not the best format to be used in submited data. Maybe #rrggbbaa or
> #aarrggbb?

input type=color is specified to define a simple color:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#simple-color

While alpha information is useful, it's not really a color attribute is
it? Using type=color paired with type=range for alpha would serve fairly
well in most cases, I believe.

How do the people more into design feel about this? I'm mainly a coder
myself.

.max

--
        Max Romantschuk