[whatwg] DragEvent's inherited MouseEvent properties should be available to all drag events

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009, Sebastian Markb?ge wrote:

> The spec should explicitly specify which MouseEvent properties are
> available during the various drag events to avoid assumptions.

The spec requires them to all be set on all drag events, currently.

> This issue is related to whether or not a DragEvent is infact a
> MouseEvent.

It is.

> The current drag specifies that "User agents must, every 350ms (?200ms),
> perform the following steps in sequence.." It doesn't make sense to
> trigger this event if nothing has changed based on time alone.

There's a lot about this model that doesn't make much sense. I think we're
long past that point. :-)

> All current implementations trigger this sequence faster if the mouse is
> moving. Effectively treating mouse movements as new drag events. Just
> like mousemove.
>
> IMO, it should be specified that mouse movements triggers a new
> iteration of this sequence, and that current mouse position should be a
> part of the event.

Until we have a user interaction events specification that says what a
mouse movement really is, I don't want to specify anything here that would
be detailed in that way.

> The specification is only partly input device agnostic. It can't be both
> totally input device agnostic and inherit MouseEvent. If it's going to
> inherit MouseEvent it needs to be specified what that means.

I've added more text to clarify what it means in the case of the mouse not
being used.

Cheers,