[whatwg] Please review use cases relating to embedding micro-data in text/html

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Manu Sporny wrote:

> I've looked over the list a couple of times and it's a good introduction
> to the problem space.

It's not really intended to be an introduction, so much as a complete list
of use cases that people want the spec to cover.

> Ian, would it help if I continue to elaborate on the RDFa use cases on
> the RDFa wiki? Or perhaps, I could merge these use cases into the RDFa
> wiki and elaborate on the WHATWG micro-data use cases first? I'd like to
> focus my effort on something that will benefit /both/ WHATWG and the
> RDFa community. Thoughts?

>From the point of view of the HTML5 effort, what is needed is use cases,
scenarios, and requirements, that don't in any way imply a particular
solution, as in the list I posted, so that solutions can be evaluated.

The rdfa.info wiki page was invaluable in the creation of the list I
posted this morning -- I used that, as well as blog comments and about
15,000 lines' worth of e-mails, in the creation of the list. I tried to
make sure every use case mentioned was covered, so if anyone posted a use
case to this mailing list, to the wiki, or to blogs on the subject in the
past few months, that is not listed in that e-mail, I apologise -- please
let me know so that I can add them. (It may be that I didn't understand
the use case -- there's a couple I don't get, noted with "(why?)" in the
e-mail sent this morning.)

The more concrete the use cases the better. Users do concrete things.