[whatwg] HTML 5 will be ready in 2022

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Sep 2008, Keryx Web wrote:
>>
>> BTW, Gecko had an implementation of the ping attribute they backed out
>> due to spec changes. Is that part of the spec stable enough for them to
>> start working on again?
>
> I'm not aware of any outstanding technical feedback on the issue (though
> not everybody agreed with my responses on the topic, so I'm sure there
> will be further arguments about it).
>
> There aren't any changes planned; it's as stable as any part of HTML5 can
> get without any implementations locking it down. It could still change in
> response to implementation feedback though.

We completely got stuck on what UI to add though. That needs to be
addressed in order for us to consider implementing in firefox. Without
a good UI there is no way for users to turn the feature off, which is
the whole point of the feature.

So in its current state we considering implementing.

/ Jonas