[whatwg] video tag : loop for ever

On Oct 15, 2008, at 4:13 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> I like the simple boolean loop attribute.
>
> I am not sure we need loopStart and loopEnd, since we have start and
> end to reduce the looping to a segment. I would like to avoid going
> down the SMIL path and creating markup that defines interactive
> presentation - rather it should just be a video file (or segment) that
> we do stuff to - not multiple segments that we need to synchronise and
> sequence etc.

   I don't think we need "loopstart" and "loopend" either, looping
over a segment of a media file seems a very uncommon use case. However
I also think that playing just a segment of a media file will be a
common use-case, so I don't think we need "start" and "end" either.

On Oct 15, 2008, at 4:57 PM, Antti Koivisto wrote:

> Would it be sufficient to have boolean attribute for enabling and
> disabling looping? Looping more than once but not forever seems like
> a pretty rare use case.

   I agree that looping a fixed number of times, and looping over a
segment of a media file are likely to be very uncommon, so I think a
simple boolean is enough.

eric