[whatwg] HTML5 Offline Web Applications

On Oct 7, 2008, at 4:49 PM, Michael Nordman wrote:

> Another one...
>
> 6) The DOMApplicationCache .length and .item(indx) members.
>
> These two are troublesome in a multi-threaded / multi-process
> browser. Can we come up with an interface that's more ammenable to
> implementation non-single threaded browsers?

Don't you need to have some particular version of the application
cache loaded in the thread or process that is processing the
particular web page using these APIs? It seems to me that the
application cache's atomic update semantics effectively require that,
since loading needs to keep a consistent view of the application cache
regardless of changes caused by other pages, so length and item are
not an obstacle.

Regards,
Maciej