[whatwg] Placeholder option for text input boxes

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 09:15:01 -0500
On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 9:04 AM, Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl>
wrote:
> TJ Atkins said:
>>Man, I could *really* see the "hint" function being viable and quite
useful.  It offers up a completely new-and-useful semantic, and there's no
particular place it should already go.  I'd accept this as a new attribute
without reservation if it was renamed @hint, so it's absolutely clear what
the semantic for it is.
>>~TJ
> What happens if a hint and a value are both specified?

The value would display.  The hint only displays when the input is both
empty and not focussed.  @value negates the first condition.
~TJ