[whatwg] Issues relating to the syntax of dates and times

Lachlan Hunt ha scritto:
> Pentasis wrote:
>> Ian Hickson wrote:

> Note that what you've quoted was from a note about a potential issue
> with the DOM APIs which appears in the last formally published WD, but
> which has since been removed from the current editor's draft.
>
>>> I wouldn't want to make people think their particular use case was
>>> excluded. What if someone wanted to use a date to indicate the time an
>>> entry was added, for instance? Hence the word "primary".
>>
>> This confuses me again ;-) Sorry.  Are you saying that examples and
>> use-cases will be excluded from the spec?
>
> No.  It's just that the note didn't list all possible use cases and
> that there are other similar use cases for marking up contemporary
> dates which are equally valid.

In other words, the normative section of the spec will be as generic as
possible, while a non-normative section will cover a bounch of use cases
and examples, without pretending to be exahustive with regard to all
possible use cases. Am I wrong?

 Sponsor:
 CheBanca! La prima banca che ti d? gli interessi in anticipo.
* Fino al 4,70% sul Conto Deposito, zero spese e interessi subito. Aprilo!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=8435&d=25-11