[whatwg] Images preprocessing

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:50:00 -0700
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:44:54 -0700, Filip Likavcan
<filip.likavcan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking about some preprocessing of images before they are
> uploaded to server. Typical example is unexperienced user who wants to
> upload whole set of photos from birthday party. Every photo has
> unnecessary huge proportions and will be resized immediately after
> upload. What if UA could be asked to resize images before upload thus
> saves banwidth, server resources, upload time, etc.?

With the undefined extensions to <input type=file> Web authors will be
able to make this happen using said undefined extensions to the <input
type=file> control and <canvas>. (The extensions basically give you access
to the file contents.) They will have to write the processing script
themselves.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>