[whatwg] [HTML5] Accessibility question

From: Nicholas C. Zakas <html@nczonline.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:08:47 -0700 (PDT)
I know the topic has come up a few times, but I'm still wondering if HTML 5 should provide some sort of logic around content that should not be displayed by browsers but should be read by screen readers. Perhaps a "noview" boolean attribute on each element could be used to tell UAs not to render the content but to report it to screen readers? Or maybe a <noview/> element could be used to surround content that shouldn't be displayed but should be accessible to screen readers?

Any thoughts?

-Nicholas

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs