[whatwg] HTML 5 - comments on 5.6 Command APIs

From: Tom Gilder <tom@tom.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 03:09:33 +0000
Hello! Several comments on 5.6 Command APIs...

1) Typo: "insertOrderedList" is listed as a heading twice. The second
instance should be "insertUnorderedList".

2) What's happened to the commands "indent" and "outdent"? Without
these, it's impossible to make a list of more than one level deep. I
understand being against using them to wrap non-list text in

3) HTML 5 suggests queryCommandEnabled('Unlink') returns true with any
selection:

	"Enabled When: The document has a selection that is entirely within
an editing host."
		-- http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#unlink

I see no point in returning true when there are no links to remove. IE
and Opera currently only return true when the selection contains a
link. WebKit follows the current HTML 5 wording.

I suggest the line is changed to:

	"Enabled When: The document has a selection that is entirely within
an editing host, which contains one or more links, or part of a link."

Cheers
Tom