[whatwg] Geolocation API Proposal

From: Krzysztof Żelechowski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:47:18 +0100

Dnia 06-03-2008, Cz o godzinie 08:30 -0800, Aaron Boodman pisze:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 8:14 AM, Krzysztof ?elechowski
> <giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl> wrote:
> >  The intersection of this interface with HTML is empty
> >  and it will always be because it does not hook on anything to declare.
> >  It qualifies as a browser extension.
>
> How is it different than the HTML5 database API?

A database is general-purpose
and this is an oracle for answering one question.

> In any case, I wanted to post this here because this seems to be where
> the right people are. But if you think there's a more appropriate
> group to approach, let me know.

How about defining a URI scheme to be used with XMLHttpRequest?
Where the URI will be 'about:geolocation' (or 'about:whereami')
and the result is text/xml (or text/gps+xml)?

I think browser extensions can easily hook into the about scheme
and intercept it.

Chris