[whatwg] What should the value attribute be for multi-file upload controls in WF2?

Jo?o Eiras wrote:
> I'd suggest for HTMLInputElement to have a .files or .paths property
> which would be an array of all the files choosen, names only.

Whether or not it's worth doing that really depends what use cases we're
trying to address.  The initial post in this thread was just about
defining what .value returns for file controls, which needs to be
defined anyway and is what this thread should really focus on.

I don't think we should jump to the conclusion that we really need to
provide an array of individual file names without defining why that's
even useful for authors, especially when doing so doesn't actually
address the original problem that was raised.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/