[whatwg] Proposal: target="_tab"

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:54:38 +0200
Simon Pieters wrote:
> In http://forums.whatwg.org/viewtopic.php?t=185 it is proposed that
> authors should have the ability to suggest that links open in new
> windows and new tabs. The suggested solution is to introduce a new
> browsing context keyword "_tab".

I don't believe it should be up to the document author to distinguish
between a page opened up in a new window or new tab, since that is
entirely a browser interface issue.  Since several browsers already
treat _blank in that way anyway, introducing a new keyword doesn't seem
particularly  useful.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/