[whatwg] <canvas> shadow compositing oddities

On Jul 27, 2008, at 12:06 PM, Eric Butler wrote:

> It would seem Safari isn't quite following the spec here, since it
> appears to never draw shadows when the shadow color is fully
> transparent or something and doesn't encounter these issues. I'm not
> sure that should be the correct behavior since transparent shadows
> can have an effect, but I do think there should be some way to
> explicitly disable shadows, since there is no shadow color/offset
> that can be set such that shadows will have no effect on any of the
> composite operators.

By default the shadowBlur is 0, which the spec states should not draw
anything -- so that should act as an explicit mechanism for disabling
shadows should it not?  It's possible i've missed something, but this
would appear to accomplish what you desire afaict.

> -Eric Butler

--Oliver Hunt