[whatwg] Some <video> questions

At 17:11  -0800 29/01/08, Charles wrote:
>Dave,
>
>>  What am I missing that you don't like?
>
>Are Adobe/Microsoft going to be update their Flash/Silverlight browser
>plug-ins in order to be first-class <video> handlers in Safari on Mac and
>Windows?

Why ask me what other vendors will do with their proprietary formats
(or their browser, in the case of Microsoft)?

>P.P.S.  I understand that the the world can ignore <video> and continue to
>embed as they currently do.

And for some solution vendors, embed/object may be a preferred
direction, and for some content owners, they may prefer to continue
to use systems that use embed/object and require optional downloads
for their clients, with the consequent uncertainty of support.  I
hope that there are few in both categories, but I expect it will
remain a viable option.
--
David Singer
Apple/QuickTime