[whatwg] Reverse ordered lists

But then what would someone do in order to begin a list but not end it? For
instance, if they wanted to say:

"10. Blah
9. Blah
8. Blah

And so forth..."

I guess I'm asking, why recommend artificial and unnecessarily narrow
constraints? We don't want UAs to force unexpected behaviors which would
frustrate the end user and make them search (vainly) for a workaround if
that's not what they wanted, do we?

Personally, I don't see any problem with allowing list items to be numbered
0 or negatively, so I think the "1, 0, -1, -2" default approach would work
fine. With both "reverse" and "step" we could still accomplish what you're
talking about, but the spec would remain both simpler for UAs to implement
and more flexible for content creators' use.

- Jason

Actually, the best route I can see is to not have a start attribute at