[whatwg] Can <dialog/> be renamed?

From: Nicholas C. Zakas <html@nczonline.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:50:33 -0800 (PST)
As discussed earlier this week, the <dialog/> element is confusing in that the term "dialog" in software engineering typically means "dialog window". I first thought the element was a way to indicate that a part of the page was used as a dialog rather than part of the normal content flow. I understand the need to disambiguate the use of the <dl/> element, keeping it as a definition list, so how about <cl/> for a conversation list?

-Nicholas

Be a better friend, newshound, and