[whatwg] The div element

From: Dave Hodder <dmh@dmh.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:04:02 +0000
Tab Atkins Jr. wrote (with snippage):

> In HTML5, the <hx> hierarchy is explicitly ignored.  Instead, they're
> all treated the same.  The actual heading level is determined by
> <section> nesting.

That doesn't sound correct to me.  If they were all the same we could
drop <h1> to <h6> and just use <h>.  Section 3.8.6 states: "These
elements have a rank given by the number in their name.  The h1 element
is said to have the highest rank, the h6 element has the lowest rank,
and two elements with the same name have equal rank."

Regards,

Dave