[whatwg] ARIA

From: James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:35:32 +0000
Dave Hodder wrote:
> The current HTML 5 draft doesn't mention ARIA anywhere.  Perhaps it
> should clarify the relationship (or non-relationship as it is at
> present), even if it's only a brief mention in section 1.1.

Unfortunately a brief mention is insufficient as aria functionality
overlaps substantially with HTML functionality and so processing
requirements for aria-in-html need to be carefully considered (so we can
answer questions like "how does <div aria-role='heading'> affect the
outline algorithm"). This has not yet happened.

--
"Mixed up signals
Bullet train