[whatwg] Proposal for a link attribute to replace <a href>

From: Paweł Stradomski <pstradomski@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:26:28 +0100
W li?cie Shannon z dnia czwartek 28 lutego 2008:
> FAQ:      * It adds no new functionality that can't already be achieved
> using the a element.
>
> Absolutely not true. A global attribute offers several features that <a>
> does not - most importantly nested links and the ability to hyperlink
> block and interactive elements without breaking validation.
In my opinion this would be an important problem. How should nested links
work? Suppose I put href="http://a" on <p> element and href="http://b" on a
XHTML 1.

I'm not against href on every element, but then nesting elements with href
attribute should be forbidden. Similarly href should be forbidden on
interactive elements (buttons etc.), so making it global would be a problem.

--
Pawe? Stradomski