Le 2008-02-27 ? 2:17, Ian Hickson a ?crit :

> On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Michel Fortin wrote:
>> Le 6 avr. 2006 ? 6:44, Alexey Feldgendler a ?crit :
>>>
>>> This heading shouldn't be within the document's main tree of
>>> headings.
>>> It should be completely taken out, that's what "aside" means. But it
>>> can't be done in a backwards compatible way.
>>
>> Hum, that's true; it seems to be a general issue with asides, not
>> limited to figures. Using aside to indicate a sidebar on a page
>> shouldn't be much of a problem because the sidebar is usually
>> outside of
>> the main content and can have the same heading level as the main
>> content. But aside content inserted in the middle of the text is
>> already
>> problematic from the semantic standpoint in HTML 4, and become a
>> problem
>> to any outliner if it contains headers.
>>
>> Maybe there could be a <h> element. This way you can use <h1>, <h2>,
>> etc. for the main content and <h> for any content outside the main
>> outline of the document, like asides. Its use wouldn't be mandatory,
>> just like you don't have to use the "right" heading number anymore,
>> but
>> recommended for aside backward compatibility with outliners. It could
>> also be used in the main content for the 7th heading level and
>> beyond.
>
> I don't understand the problem being described here.

The idea was to add <h> for use inside <aside> so you can remove the
header from the main flow for old outliners not supporting the HTML5
outline algorithm. I don't think it has a very strong use-case; I was
simply pointing it as a solution to the backward compatibility problem
Alexey mentioned.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/