From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:16:31 +0100 (CET)
Ian Hickson:
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, fantasai wrote:
>>   How does one mark up a bibliography? The whole entry is a <cite>, really,
>>   although only the title part should be in italics.
>
> I've given an example of a bibliography.

Yes, but for quite a simple case. Maybe the bibliography example should cover
some common cases explicitly, e.g. a monograph, an article in a periodical, a
speech at a conference etc.

FWIW in non-fictional writing I always put names of people in smallcaps (but
never uppercase) where technology allows (incl. handwriting), so I need some
kind of markup for them. I previously tended to use |cite| for lack of a
better alternative, now I consider |i| and |b| about equally well suited; I
really do not want to use |span|.