[whatwg] Referer header sent with <a ping>?

From: Jon Barnett <jonbarnett@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:46:52 -0600
On Feb 2, 2008 8:59 PM, dolphinling <lists at dolphinling.net> wrote:

> Cookies and authentication headers I'm ambivalent about; no one's made a
> persuasive case either way for them, and I haven't looked myself.
>

> dolphinling
> <http://dolphinling.net/>

The ability to log pings according to session data would be important
to me.  That can be done without cookies, but not very conveniently.
I guess the same applies to authentication headers, though I rarely
use them.  But yes, relating a ping back to a specific user is useful.

Since cookies and authentication headers are something I can do
without @ping, I think it would be a necessary feature to compel me to
use @ping.

--
Jon Barnett