From: whatwg-bounces@lists.whatwg.org
[mailto:whatwg-bounces at lists.whatwg.org] On Behalf Of Philip Taylor
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 10:25 PM
To: Kristof Zelechovski
Cc: WHATWG; Ian Hickson
Subject: Re: [whatwg] Canvas line styles comments

On 02/02/2008, Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl> wrote:
> The rounding arc should be chosen
> so that it is not contained in the convex hull of the stroke path
> segments terminated at the points where the arc begins.

I believe I can see the idea there, but I can't quite tell what that phrase
means about terminating. The "contained within" also seems inaccurate,
because e.g.
lineWidth=100;moveTo(0,0);lineTo(1,0);lineTo(1,1) would result in a convex
hull that doesn't contain either arc, though I think it'd be alright if said
"does not intersect" instead.

A possible alternative that seems simpler and (I think) correct (except in
the special parallel case): The rounding arc should be chosen so that if it
was closed, it would not contain the join point.

--
Philip Taylor
excors at gmail.com