[whatwg] attribute "media" on "script" element

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 08:18:25 +1100, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Filippo Levizzani wrote:
>>
>> Would it be possible to have "media" attribute in the SCRIPT element?
>> Addmitted vaues would be the same of STYLE element (all, screen, print,
>> handheld ...)
>
> This doesn't really work because media queries are supposed to change
> dynamically. The real solution here is a combination of XBL2 and a new
> API in the CSSOM-View draft (window.media).

Hi Ian,

I can see the value in this (but then, I also see the value in media types
in styling - something it seems some browser makers are not really
interested in), and I agree with David's concern that it can have some
pretty costly implications.

Can you explain why XBL2 is part of the solution here? It seems you have
something in mind that I don't understand yet.

thanks

Chaals

     je parle fran?ais -- hablo espa?ol -- jeg l?rer norsk