[whatwg] (X)HTML + SMIL?

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008, Giovanni Campagna wrote:

> Very back in 2002, a W3C Note about the integration of XHTML (at that
> time was 1.1, now it would be 2.0) and SMIL (at that time 2.0, now 3.0).
> I was wondering if any work was produced because of that document, or it
> was simply forgotten.

IE implemented this feature in some sense as HTML+Time, and it has seen
very limited adoption.

Benjamin and Robert's comments also apply:

http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2008-December/017971.html
http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2008-December/017972.html

Incidentally, if I could encourage you to avoid cross-posting messages to
the WHATWG list and to other lists at the same time, that would be great.
The WHATWG list has a member-only posting policy, and when threads are
cross posted, the threads end up fragmented as only messages written by
list members make it to the list, which can be irritating to other
subscribers. Thanks!