[whatwg] Thoughts on HTML 5

Am Sonntag, den 21.12.2008, 17:54 +0100 schrieb Philipp Kempgen:
> Ian Hickson schrieb:
>
> > Deprecating HTML thus seems like vain effort. (We already tried over the
> > past few years with XHTML 1.x, and it didn't work.)
>
> I'd say it _did_ work.  :-)
I'd say too: The worst abominations have disappeared (for new sites,
that is). the <font> element, for example, or frames through deprecating
them.

Fact: Deprecating stuff takes it out of (X)HTML-Books, Howtos like
Selfhtml warn against it, thus ensuring lesser use by novices. Does
anyone remember <marquee> ?

Cheers
--
Nils Dagsson Moskopp