[whatwg] salvaging work while navigating away from a web app -- onunload="confirm('save before quitting?')

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Martin Atkins <mart at degeneration.co.uk> wrote:
> An alternative from Opera:
>
> The confirm dialog is whole-browser-modal, but it has a checkbox captioned
> "Stop executing scripts on this page" which allows you to forcefully kill
> off a script that's repeatedly displaying dialogs as in the example that
> prompted this message.

neither of these bother me. and i'm certainly in favor of adding a
stop option to the dialogs for firefox.

it's definitely managable. today some of our dialogs get an extra
'debug script' button under certain conditions.

The only concern I have is that someone from UE/UI will complain that
such a button will confuse people, as it becomes trivial for a user to
break any web site and not necessarily understand that what they did
was the cause. However, that's a bridge I'm willing to try to cross.