[whatwg] salvaging work while navigating away from a web app -- onunload="confirm('save before quitting?')

timeless wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Martin Atkins <mart at degeneration.co.uk> wrote:
>> I think this makes a good case for not allowing any site to create
>> browser-modal UI. Could browsers handle confirm() and friends in such a way
>> that they only block the contents of the tab, not the whole browser?
>
> sure given many years and lots of rearchitecture.
>
> i suspect chrome and ie8 are closest. anyone else who runs javascript
> in process is almost certainly stuck.

An alternative from Opera:

The confirm dialog is whole-browser-modal, but it has a checkbox
captioned "Stop executing scripts on this page" which allows you to
forcefully kill off a script that's repeatedly displaying dialogs as in
the example that prompted this message.