[whatwg] Handling </br> in the "after head" insertion mode

On Thu, 04 Dec 2008 11:51:05 +0100, timeless <timeless at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Tommy Thorsen <tommy at kvaleberg.com>
> wrote:
>> This matches Internet Explorer and Opera, but not Firefox and Safari.
>> Then
>> again, it looks like Firefox and Safari ignore all </br> tags.
>
> if we're both able to get away with ignoring all </br> tags, wouldn't
> the ideal forward path be to make always ignored?

Firefox and Safari do not ignore it in quirks mode. I rather keep the
amount of differences between quirks and standards mode to a minimum (by
doing what Opera and Internet Explorer do) than increase it.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>