[whatwg] video tag: pixel aspect ratio

From: Martin Atkins <mart@degeneration.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 12:23:36 -0800
Pierre-Olivier Latour wrote:

> Regarding the stretch attribute, we should have this functionally
> available to users but preferably at the CSS level.

It would also be useful if this mechanism were available for images. A
bunch of times I've written code to proportionally scale images to
create smaller versions, and I'd much rather just set this with CSS.

This would also go some way to increase the consistency, since the
difference between IMG and VIDEO would be merely a difference in the
default stylesheet rules for each element.