[whatwg] Scripted <video> query proposal

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Eric Carlson <eric.carlson at apple.com>wrote:

> It is possible to build a list of all types supported by QuickTime
> dynamically. WebKit does this, so Safari knows about both the built in types
> and those added by third party importers.

You mean this
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/WebCore/platform/graphics/mac/MediaPlayerPrivateQTKit.mm#L815
which calls this?
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/QuickTime/Reference/QTKitFramework/Classes/QTMovie_Class/Reference/Reference.html#//apple_ref/occ/clm/QTMovie/movieFileTypes
:

Does that actually enumerate all supported codecs? Looking at the Webkit
code and the Quicktime docs, it looks like it's just enumerating
file/container types.

Rob
53:5-6]