[whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

Just a little side-track for the video issues around this thread:

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 4:53 AM, Ben Adida <ben at adida.net> wrote:
>> Also note that even CC leadership omits the license URI.
>
> So you want a URI in the video content itself? What good would that do?

With links directly in the video, copies of the videos will continue
to contain the license, so there is a reason for putting metadata such
as the license inside the video. In fact, RDF inside video would be a
big step forward to deal with the DRM issues around videos.

> With ccREL (and specifically RDFa), the surrounding HTML can easily say
> "*this* video is licensed under *that* license."

This is a good solution in the current situation where there is no
standard video and video annotation format. If there was a standard
video annotation format, we could have the video's DOM accessible
directly in the browser and such questions as what is the video's
license could be answered easily directly. I think this may come out
of the new W3C proposed video activity
http://www.w3.org/QA/2008/04/proposed_activity_for_video_on.html.

Regards,
Silvia.