From: Joao Eiras [mailto:joao.eiras@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:58 PM
To: Chris Double; Kristof Zelechovski
Cc: WHATWG List; Tim Starling
Subject: Re: [whatwg] Scripted querying of <video> capabilities

But I agree though that we need an API to test UA capabilities, because
the list of supported video and audio formats can grow, and have several
different implementations in different states in different UAs, therefore
hiding this information from the web page would result in more bloated
javascript code doing more broken browser sniffing.