[whatwg] Offline Web Applications feedback

On Aug 6, 2008, at 7:28 PM, Aaron Boodman wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com>
> wrote:
>> HTTP caching can't promise that all the resources you load when
>> your Web App
>> loads will be available offline.
>
> But neither can this feature, since a resource is only there if the
> application previously loaded it for some reason.

Right, the idea is that you just have your whole web app as an
opportunistic caching namespace and make sure it loads everything it
ever needs offline the first time it loads. I don't think this is a
great feature but I believe this was the design intent/

  - Maciej