[whatwg] Expanding datetime

Ernest Cline wrote:

> [...]

No, I was just trying to emphasise the use cases that some of the
datetime features have been included for.

> I think not.  The original reason for limiting years to a four digit
> format was that the relevant standard allowed only that.  That is no
> longer the case.  At minimum, with signed years now available as an
> optional part of ISO 8601, datetime should support ?YYYY-MM-DD dates,
> so as to cover historical dates which some users may find of use,
> though admittedly probably not business users.

Please describe the authoring use cases that you are trying to solve and
explain how and why authors or end users would benefit from having such
dates marked up in a machine readable way, and why would it be in the
interest of browser vendors to implement this feature?

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/