[whatwg] When to stop <video> elements from playing

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:31:41 -0700
timeless wrote:
> I'd rather be able to use user.css and not be forced to run or install
> GreaseMonkey.
>
> Personally, I object to being required to use GreaseMonkey. MicroB
> doesn't ship with it (although as it happens, someone ported it). From
> a security standpoint, it's scary.

As stated previously in this thread. I think disabling portions of a
page should be done using internal mechanisms to the UA. So for example
the UA could add a volume control to each browser window/tab that
controls the volume of all things on that page making sound. Including

I don't think making everything doable using CSS is an appropriate solution.

/ Jonas