[whatwg] SQL API + access to tables

K?i?tof ?elechovski wrote:
> Also, if we agreed to that, this would be a workaround for a supposed
> deficiency of SQL. But the SQL committee does not recognize it as a
> deficiency; otherwise it would have been fixed by now.

No, this is actually fixed for 15 years now.  The SQL spec directly
addresses this need through the information schema, since SQL92.

Every moderately complete SQL implementation I'm aware of also meets
this need, either through the means specified by the standard, or by
incompatible extensions, as is the general custom.

-Michaeljohn