[whatwg] When to stop <video> elements from playing

From: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 13:02:24 +0300
On 10/19/07, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com> wrote:
> For that you need something in the browser UI. There's a large, maybe
> infinite, number of ways to make <audio> not visible even if it's within
> the DOM tree. For instance:
>
>    audio { position:absolute; left:-1000px }

I can easily have a bookmarklet that goes through the dom tree and
stops (or stops and deletes) all audio elements. I can't have such a
bookmarklet for things that are only reachable via JS scope (and I
don't mean JS object graph, I mean function call chains, since that's
the best way to be evil, site's don't need to let people have access
via object properties).