[whatwg] <video> title or alt attribute

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:24:01 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 26 Apr 2007, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> Currently alternative content for <audio> and <video> isn't dealt with
> very well, I think. It does address fallback content for older user
> agents but it does not address disabling support for video and not being
> able to support video (Lynx) at least. Ian mentioned on IRC yesterday he
> will look into that at some point.

Disabling support for video is already specced (basically it acts like
there's no bandwidth); not being able to support video is just like not
supporting any codecs, and not supporting graphical display just means you
can display a link to the video or some such. I've added such clauses to
the spec to make it clearer.

Let me know if there's something else you think the spec needs.