[whatwg] Load SVG via IMG element

From: Devi Web Development <devi.webmaster@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 00:28:58 -0500
My understanding is that SVG should not be scaled to fit given dimensions
because scaling information is provided in the SVG itself. I don't know
about the full status of SVG in browsers, but I know that Firefox supports
some, and the Adobe plug-in is common. A full test suite is available at
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/
A specification for embedding SVG in XHTML can be found at
http://www.w3.org/TR/XHTMLplusMathMLplusSVG/
and Mozilla provides some documentation at
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/SVG_In_HTML_Introduction

On 10/4/07, Vlad Alexander (xhtml.com) <vlad.alexander at xhtml.com> wrote:

> I noticed that Opera 9.5 can load an SVG image via the IMG element. I
> think this is a wonderful thing. Is there any specification on how this
> should work? For example, I noticed that Opera, for some reason, does not
> scale SVG images to fit the box created by the IMG element's width and
> height attributes. Here is a test page:
>
> http://xhtml.com/misc/svg-img.htm
>
> Can someone please point me to any specs on loading SVG via IMG element?
>
> Regards,
> -Vlad
> http://xhtml.com

Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney