[whatwg] Use cases for data templates?

From: Keryx Web <webmaster@keryx.se>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 17:21:32 +0200
Henri Sivonen skrev:

>  * What's the use case for data templates? It is hard to review them
> without knowing what they are for. Conjecture-based comments/questions
> follow.

I am also very interested in this question. I think there is a tendency
to include too much in HTML - "since that what developers know".

Except for the case of repeating stuff on a multi-line form (already
covered in Web forms 2) I have never felt the need for any client side
template system, nor have I read of any app where this might be useful.

BTW, will they degrade gracefully?

Lars Gunther