[whatwg] lede element

From: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:03:31 +0200
2007/10/3, Matthew Paul Thomas:

> In that example from BBC News, the paragraph is actually four
> paragraphs. <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7022437.stm>

Isn't it then a nut graf rather than a lede?
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nut_graf>

AFAIK, Lib?ration (a French newspaper) uses one-sentence-long ledes,
and puts them right between the title and author of the article. The
lede is also used as a summary for the article on the main page.
<http://www.liberation.fr>

> So to satisfy the use case of the BBC, <lede> would need to be a block
> element. I haven't found any examples where it would be an inline
> element.

It could be "somewhat transparent", used either as a container for
block-level elements or as the first child of a block-level element,
containing significant inline content.

--
Thomas Broyer