[whatwg] Improving specification of accesskey?

From: Darin Adler <darin@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:22:16 -0800
Hi folks.

I've been looking at an accesskey bug or two in Safari and I am quite
frustrated about the poor standardization of the meaning of this
attribute.

I concur with the comments at http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/accesskey.html
  that quote the HTML 4 specification and then says: 'This seems to
say implicitly that "giving focus" automagically causes some
"activation", intentionally leaving it more or less open what
"activation" means in each case. The specification should be clarified
quite a lot as regards to the semantics.'

I think it would be useful to specify this precisely in HTML 5.

     -- Darin