[whatwg] several messages about a way to disable referer headers for links

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 23:23:36 +0000

On 4 Nov 2007, at 12:40, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 18:27:50 +0100, Krzysztof ??elechowski <giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl
> > wrote:
>> Dnia 03-11-2007, sob o godzinie 08:42 +0000, Ian Hickson napisa??(a):
>>> Ok, I've added a rel value similar to "nofollow" called
>>> "noreferer" that
>>> does this.
>>
>> While we are unable correct the spelling of "referer", we certainly
>> need
>> not duplicate it for "noreferrer".  There must be some end to this
>> self-humiliation.
>
> I think it's way better to stay consistent. Especially as the
> feature affects the Referer (sic) header.

I too think Anne is right here ? there are enough things that are
inconsistent in the web already. Don't add another thing that requires
me to think. I'll just make mistakes. A markup language should not
require me to think ? it should reflect logical structure.
Importantly, outwith the structure, logic dictates contextual
consistency (even if that goes against being consistent with other
contexts).

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>