[whatwg] <noscript> should be allowed in <head>

Henri Sivonen wrote:
> On May 30, 2007, at 11:39, Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>> Whether or not it should be conforming is a different question. How a
>>> document is to be parsed is best agreed upon between browser vendors
>>> I think. We already have enough differences as it is.
>>
>> Again, you're making the assumption that any consumer of HTML content
>> is a browser.
>
> No, the assumption isn't that any consumer is a browser. The assumption
> is that browsers need to do what they do based on browser-specific
> constraints and the other consumers need to follow what browsers do in
> order to be compatible.

...to be compatible with what? The browsers?

So let's rephrase this question: will there be a conformance class for
HTML5 consumers that *only* accept conforming documents? (Keep in mind
that these consumers may not even have a DOM or a Javascript engine).

Best regards, Julian